Its new year time again and party has already begun. Its going to go on till the next year. Or may be into the next year. When the party is over you suddenly realize that you have let a lot of toxins into your body. You need to get them out of your system. You need to eat something comforting that detoxes you. But you are so tired you don’t really want to do anything let alone cook.
I am sure this situation sounds just too familiar. As you go into the new year again you just know that you are going to be in this space all over again. But This year detoxing is going to be as easy as it can get and guess what it going to be super delicious too. Here is my New Year Detox Salad Recipe which is super easy and super flexible.
New Year Detox Salad Recipe
This salad relies almost completely on your organic terrace garden or balcony garden. What you need is very simple. Raw green leafs, vegetables that you can eat raw and some herbs. The star of this recipe is actually raw green leafs. Raw green leafs are packed with chlorophyll which helps you get rid of toxins from your body. Other vegetables like tomatoes, radish also are rich source of antioxidants. And finally fresh herbs like coriander and basil don’t only help you to detox they have other medicinal properties too. So just pick these up fresh from your garden when you are ready for your salad.
- Fresh green lettuce roughly torn into medium size pieces.
- Fresh green baby spinach leaves.
- Cherry tomatoes picked from the vine.
- Bell peppers from your garden.
- Freshly picked Radish.
- Fresh herbs. I used basil. You can use coriander too. Or you can use both
- Bread sticks for some crunch. You can replace it with a light and crispy biscuit like a cream cracker. You can even use roasted papad.
- Olive Oil, Balsamic vinegar and pure Canadian maple syrup for the dressing. Instead of balsamic you can use fresh lime juice. Canadian Maple syrup has as many as 65 antioxidants. That is a really huge number. In case you don’t have it you can use honey instead.
- Crushed black pepper.
- Wash all your greens and vegetables well and drain them.
- Roughly tear up the lettuce, other green leaves and herbs.
- Half the cherry tomatoes and cut the vegetables to byte size pieces.
- Break the bread sticks to smaller pieces.
- Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup in a small bowl and stir vigorously till you end up with a smooth emulsion.
- In a large bowl put your greens, chopped veggies, break sticks, herbs and the dressing. Mix it lightly till all leaves are coated with the dressing.
- Season with salt and crushed black pepper and your New Year Detox salad is ready to be served.
You can chop some nuts and add to the salad for extra texture. For sweetness you can add some raisins after soaking them in warm water for 20-30 minutes.
I am sure by now you understand how simple this new year detox salad recipe is. It is so simple that you can make it even with your eyes closed. But just remember to keep your eyes open when you are chopping the vegetables. 🙂
Wishing you all a very very happy and fresh new year. See you in 2018.